2014 All blacks

         Representing us in our national sport, the All Blacks are a point of pride for most New Zealanders. Show your support to the All Blacks with these special stamps re-issued to reflect the upcoming changes to domestic postage rates (effective 1 July 2014).  From NZ Post web site.
         Allan came up to visit our farm over the weekend and we sat down to discuss the direction of this blog. One of the things decided was to feature all new issues. So in light of this I have decided to show this set and link it to other rugby stamps produced by New Zealand.

 


       As was mentioned above this set should be considered as a re-issue due to a rise in domestic postal rates. The design makes an effective flag or emblem for a sporting team but I think it has been over done in postage stamps. The silver fern has always been worn on the All Black's jersey. I am a keen follower of rugby, particularly the ABs so I like to see my love of stamps and my love of rugby combined. There have been some really good rugby stamps produced by New Zealand and I believe there can still be. Maybe a set on rugby greats might be interesting but to produce this one design over again is disappointing. Go to Allan's page Rugby on New Zealand Stamps and you will see what I mean.